How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Greenwood
Remote work is here to stay for countless people, no matter if you live in a multi-bedroom house or a single-bedroom apartment. If you reside in the latter, you won’t enjoy the bonus of a bonus bedroom to use as your home office, but you can still incorporate a suitable workspace. Follow these simple recommendations and discover how to make a home office in a small apartment in Greenwood.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Greenwood
- Select a suitable desk. Finding an appropriately sized desk to match your room is vital. If you work with a laptop, a desk only needs to extend from the wall about 20 inches. The surface is ideally around 28 inches from the floor and could be as wide as you want it. Ensure you have room for a second monitor. You'll be thankful you have it when you have PDFs up, a conference call going, and ten other windows open. Really short on square footage? Try a two-tier foldable desk you can hide away when not in use.
- Where might your desk go? If you can slide your desk conveniently into a corner, great! But you might have to get more creative on placement. A slim desk can be moved right behind a sofa. You could incorporate a small area rug and table lamp to help define the spot as your home office. An open wall within your room will also do nicely. Hang some art or incorporate some plantlife so you aren’t staring at an unadorned wall for hours at a time.
- Let your desk play multiple roles. If you’re limited on space, utilize your desk for more than one function. Place it next to your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or don’t utilize a desk at all and work at your bartop or dining room table.
- Use floating shelves. These home office space savers work perfectly when your desk faces a wall. You’ll have more area for supplies or decor and can easily match shelving to your room’s particular design.
Need To Mix Things Up? Try Your Property’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Looking for another possibility in your own apartment? Try a small standing desk to change your perspective and improve focus. An inexpensive adjustable laptop stand may help get your device at the proper height.
Here are a few extra space-saving things you can integrate into your small apartment home office in Greenwood:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that fits nicely below the table
- Small storage containers that can stick to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-reducing headphones for loud roommates and children
Design Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Verge Luxury Flats
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at Verge Luxury Flats. We have a range of floor plans to fit your needs for living and working. Schedule a tour of our Greenwood property or reach out to us at 317-751-1744 if you want more information.