Doing your part for the environment shouldn't be a significant task. Even when you dwell in an apartment, there are many things you can do to help secure our planet for the next generation. Basic tasks like choosing sustainable items and saving water can have an influence over time. If you're ready to take on sustainable apartment living in Greenwood, here are some basic suggestions to get you started.
Replace Your One-And-Done Products With Lasting Items
Steer clear of one-time plastic containers and paper towels for cleaning. Try reusable items in your routine. Here are a few easy swaps to try.
- Water bottles: When utilizing facilities like an exercise room wouldn't it be preferable to bring along a strong reusable container instead of a flimsy disposable container? Steer clear of sending out plastic to garbage dumps by using a water bottle you can refill.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your dependence on paper towels and instead, use reusable kitchen towels or microfiber to wipe down countertops, stovetops, and other stained surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why discard your pre-filled soap dispenser in the garbage when it's empty? Rather, use a long-lasting replenishable soap dispenser. You'll find them in a variety of patterns to match your design preference.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and reusable, you can find a variety of silicone products like produce storage containers, straws, and even bags you can take to class or your job.
Go one step further and find products such as soap dispensers and water bottles created with recycled materials. This not only helps reduce waste but also supports a more sustainable future.
Look To Protecting Water And Energy For A Eco-Friendly Residence In Greenwood
Have you ever forgotten to switch off the water while cleaning your teeth or doing the dishes? You are not alone in this. Being aware of water usage is an outstanding plan for a eco-friendly home in Greenwood. Additionally, take the time to switch off lights when leaving and turn off your computer.
Here are a few extra suggestions for conserving energy:
- Examine your light bulbs and consider switching to LED choices.
- Reduce hot water usage by reducing steamy showers and washing your clothes in cool water instead.
- Stay away from running your HVAC system at full capacity. Open windows when you can in the summer season and keep comfortable blankets, sweaters, and other warm clothing accessible in the cold months.
Maximize your recycling efforts in Greenwood
Even if you embrace the habit of using a reusable water bottle, you may still find an occasional plastic one in your Greenwood apartment. Ensure you recycle it. Be sure to recycle everything you can, including empty toilet paper rolls, wine corks, and those cardboard containers that arrive at your doorstep. Find out if your community has recyclable containers. If not, you can get them in the nearby area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your workplace.
Go green at your new Greenwood residence.
If you're looking for a new location to implement your green apartment living ideas, explore the amazing options at Verge Luxury Flats. Our Greenwood apartments will elevate your lifestyle as you do your part for the planet. You'll enjoy the roomy units, exceptional features, and friendly staff. Plan a visit or simply call 317-751-1744 to speak with a representative of our team.