How To Rent An Apartment In Greenwood
Preparing to lease your first apartment? Or maybe it’s been a few years since you rented one, and now you’re undergoing the steps again. Here’s what you ought to know about how to rent an apartment in Greenwood, from deciding what you can afford to finding the ideal apartment and filling out the application.
What Is Your Budget?
What you should do first is decide what you can afford. You don’t want to fall in love with an apartment only to realize it’s well out of your range. Think about your budget prior to checking out that fantastic two-bedroom unit with a view. Here are some recommendations to help you do so.
- Review your net income - the total you have after taxes - and subtract your current bills (car payments, credit cards, etc.).
- Plan for unforeseen charges like auto repairs and urgent healthcare. Generally speaking, add 10 percent to your current bill amount.
- Estimate costs at your new place, such as groceries and utilities. If you need a place to start, go with $250 per month for both.
- How often do you dine out? Estimate your expected monthly entertainment and dining expenses.
- What is left? This is what you can put toward rent. This is a great time to decide if you’ll need a roommate.
Finding Your Apartment In Greenwood
Checking out different communities and floor plans is enjoyable but also time-consuming. Be sure you allow yourself enough time to search around - at least a month or two. Your opening step is to decide on which area you want to live in. Do you prefer being close to your office or school? Are you looking downtown or in outlying areas? Is there entertainment and shopping in close proximity? Choosing a specific location will save you a lot of time.
You likely already know how many bedrooms you’ll need, so you may direct your attention on picking the most appealing floor plan. Then, you should decide what amenities you would like. Is a fitness center or pool mandatory? Do you have to have a pet-welcoming community with a dog park? Answering these kinds of questions will simplify your search.
What To Expect In The Application Process
After you’ve picked out an apartment, you have to finish the application process. You’ll want to be prepared with a photo ID, documentation of income, and references. You’ll usually have to pay an application fee to offset the cost of credit and background checks. If you intend to use a co-signer, ask about them early in the process, as they may not be permitted.
Your application process will usually include the following:
- Pay an application fee
- Submit an application form
- Anticipate credit and background checks
- Sign the contract
When completing the application, you should anticipate supplying the information below:
- Name, phone number, email, and current address
- Your employer and income amount
- Past address(es)
- Pets (if applicable)
- Emergency contacts
- References - you may be asked to provide previous landlords or work and personal references
Locate The Ideal Apartment At Verge Luxury Flats
Renting an apartment in Greenwood isn’t hard to do at Verge Luxury Flats. We boast a wide choice of amenities and floor plans to fit your lifestyle. Arrange a tour to discover our property or dial 317-751-1744 to speak with one of our helpful leasing agents about how to rent one of our apartments in Greenwood.